Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Overly Ambitious

Remember how I said we went fabric shopping last weekend? We visited Grey's Fabric, where I always get hypnotized by the pretty fabric and over-estimate my free time. I seriously over-loaded my sewing queue, so I decided to do a separate post so I can show you all the pretties. Now I just need to get my sewing machine serviced already so I can get started... My beloved machine is having some thread tension issues. Heartbreaking.

Fabric1

I bought the new Hawthorn dress pattern when it first came out, and then Ashley at Grey's Fabric suggested this pretty butterfly print. Now is when I confess I am completely intimidated by all the buttonholes. The fabric on the right, with its adorable mountains and roaming foxes, is for a surprise gift.

Fabric2

The golden fabric is going to become a Victoria Blazer by By Hand London, lined with the light gray cotton. I've always struggled to find blazers for my frame, so I might as well try making my own. The black tulip print fabric will be the sleeveless Datura blouse, with a solid black Peter Pan collar.

Now who wants to do my laundry and wash my dishes for the next month so I can make all this?

What's in your making queue?

5 comments:

  1. I don't even want to do my own laundry and dishes right now. Right now I'm working on baby booties. The sweater that I got the yarn from you to work on has been put on hold again, because I ran out of the main color. Thankfully the shop still had some from last year, and I put a skein on order this morning when I confirmed to my satisfaction that I was not going to get more than 16 rows done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have all that moving prep to do, ugh!! What a bummer about that sweater, it has been giving you a hard time!

      Delete
  2. Your fabric choices were spot on. Hmm. You won't be upset if I copy your Datura, will you?? I made one in charmeuse that turned into a nightie top and I really need to do a real one in cotton. That black fabric would match many things... Oh and this is Sarah from the shop! Somehow I can only get my old google id on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not, copy away! In fact, make it first and then tell me how to get rid of those back buttons ;)

      Delete
  3. That butterfly fabric is just wonderful...I will be very keen to see how the dress works out.

    ReplyDelete