Monday, September 7, 2015

New Pattern: Bodleian Mitts

It might still be 90 degrees outside, but there's a sneaking chill in the early morning. Before we know it, the weather will be perfect for wearing all those hand-knits. As a friend of mine likes to say, "Winter is coming, knit faster."

1

My newest pattern is a simple set of fingerless mitts, a perfect one skein project for a skein of variegated sock yarn. As a nod to the All Souls Trilogy, which I really enjoyed, this pattern is named after the Bodleian Library. After all, they are perfect for curling up with a good book and warm drink. The Bodleian Mitts pattern is available on Ravelry, and the sample mitts are knit in Toil & Trouble Classic in Fairy Queen Jubilee.

Cakes

With the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl less than two weeks away, I am busily working on some new goodies. Here is a sneak peek of some gradient cakes. They can be knitted from the inside and outside for matching socks, or knit continuously for fraternal socks.

rattan

And the rattan dyeing experiment continues. I can't wait for this weekend's basket weaving class!

3 comments:

  1. Nice mitts! I'm very excited for your gradients on the crawl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . I am so much feeling good because I will try to join me for making this beautiful good with my aunt and then I will able to share with my friends beautiful good which I will personally make after ending my yosemite bus tour

    ReplyDelete