Monday, October 5, 2015

Book Review & New Yarn: The Stars My Destination

The Stars My Destination is not a recent read, but rather an old favorite book. When Nate and I were first dating, we exchanged books. The Stars My Destination was the first book he ever gave me. I was hesitant to read it because it's a Sci Fi book - and even though I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre, I don't enjoy Sci Fi all that much. So I put on my best "I can be a cool girlfriend" face and dug in. I came out of it surprised and entranced. The story is definitely set in a Sci Fi universe, but the story is very much character driven, and explores themes of identity, morality, and revenge. So even if you're a reluctant Sci Fi reader, I recommend this book highly!

Olivia2

So where does the yarn come in? One of the protagonists in the story is Olivia Presteign. She is visually impaired - she can't see what is considered the visible light spectrum, but can see in the infrared spectrum. This colorway, named Olivia P., is how I imagined her world, with explosions of warm reds and oranges. There are a couple of ready to ship skeins up for grabs!

Olivia1

No comments:

Post a Comment