Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New England Pirate Faire

Pirates1

In one of my very first blog posts, I talked about how there is always something interesting happening in Salem. Every time I get a little worn out by my long work commute, I remember how much I love this town. A couple of weekends ago, the Salem Pioneer Village hosted the New England Pirate Faire. A friend of mine played Calico Jack Rackam in their historically accurate play, so we went to check it out.

Pirates2

Pirates3

Pirates4

Pirates5

They also had a sword swallower, which turned out to be a little creepy to watch.

In a little over a month, it will be time for the Haunted Happenings already! Have you ever visited Salem in October?

2 comments:

  1. I've visited Salem in October once or twice, but not for years. Usually I just went to the bookstores and then headed home. The last time I was in Salem was for the Wild Fish years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have never heard of the Wild Fish, I'll have to look into it! If you want to visit the Salem October madness, we could stop in to Seed Stitch for some knitting in comfy arm chairs!

      Delete