Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Fall Line: Bigger, Better, Nerdier

If you've been wondering what I've been up to instead of following my usual blog schedule, the answer is, working on new designs! As summer comes to an end (sadness), it's time to get my Fall designs going.

For this upcoming season, I wanted to challenge myself a bit. I always worked a lot with color and texture, but I wanted to explore this in new ways. Admittedly a little influenced by all the ombre designs out there, I designed this new colorwork pattern.

I've also been approaching my bookish influences in a new way. I am still working with stories and mythology in my new yarn colorways, but I am feeling inspired by school-nerd stereotypes lately. This new set is named the Transitive Property series, after your favorite (heh) Math class memories.

And if Math memories don't make you feel warm and fuzzy enough, how about some Physics? These are my new Doppler Effect mitts. If you're a Big Bang Theory fan, you may remember Sheldon's Doppler Effect Hallowe'en costume. I couldn't resist coming up with my own knitted take! And if you're curious, I do have some other new designs in the ol' shop!

So do you have any favorite nerdy school memories?

2 comments:

  1. i looove your new fall line! the colors and details are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete