Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Knitting Season is Here!

Well, this is sort of embarrassing. I can't believe it's been almost two months since I last blogged! There has been so much going on, and sadly much of it is behind the scenes so I can't share quite yet. We also left the country for a wedding and had family come to stay, so it was a very packed summer!

However, knitting season is here, my favorite time of the year! The season started with the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl, where the lovely Sharon Lynn hosted me at Mind's Eye Yarns in Cambridge. It was my first time meeting her in person and she is wonderful. If you missed the crawl, she has a great selection of toil & trouble sock yarns in stock so it's not too late!

Toddler Socks

While at the trunk show, I started these adorable toddler socks in Sun Also Rises. This is a lovely and simple pattern, by the talented folks at Purl Soho. They are so cute I ended up making three so I can keep one as a yarn sample.

Up next is Rhinebeck, where I'll be purely as a consumer (but let me know if you want to meet up). I don't think I'll pull off a Rhinebeck sweater in time sadly. The following week I'll be heading to Sage Yarn on October 25th! Jen has become one of my favorite people in this industry and I'm so excited to be teaching Intro to Shawl Design as well as having my trunk show.

Malabrigo

And no, I am not immune to the seductive powers of yarns crawls. I came home with much less yarn than I took with me, but I did snag these Malabrigo lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment