Monday, October 27, 2014

Rhinebeck and Cape Cod

The last two weekends, I've driven to the opposite ends of Massachusetts. On October 17th, I made the long trek west to the NY Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck. I had been threatening to go for a few years, but being the introvert that I am, I knew I needed a good support system. Earlier this year, I met the most amazing group of women at Squam Art Workshops. I met up with this same group for Rhinebeck, and we stayed together in a lovely rental house for the weekend.

Rhinebeck

I wasn't sure what to expect, but Rhinebeck was amazingly fun. I got to see lots of yarn and fiber I wasn't familiar with and enjoy all the folks decked out in their hand-knits. I was right about my suspicions though - I don't think I would have survived the crowds on my own. I came home with an "official" project bag, a most gorgeous skein of cashmere, and finally the perfect buttons for my Dark and Stormy which I've been wearing button-less since June. These gorgeous buttons are by the talented Melissa Jean. I was also lucky enough to snag one of the official Jennie the Potter cups.

The following weekend I made my way to Cape Cod, for my annual trunk show at Sage Yarn. They moved to a new location earlier this year, and the new space is great! I also taught an Intro to Shawl Design to a lovely group of ladies, who all left very excited. I can't wait to see what designs they come up with!

It has been a busy month, and knitting season isn't slowing down anytime soon. I have plenty of events coming up, including a Fluevog knit night with Julia Farwell-Clay in a couple of weeks. Check my events page for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment