Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Socks in NYC

NYC1

Last week, Nate and I found ourselves in New York for a little fun and a little business. I always have such complicated feelings about New York. I appreciate the vibrancy and variety of the city, but after a few days I find myself craving personal space and a view of the horizon. It was fun, but I am glad to be back in Salem.

NYC2

It was only fitting that these adorable socks met up with their recipient in NYC since the pattern was from Purl Soho. How cute are these little feet??

Socks

I did get to visit Purl Soho in person for the first time. It is a lovely shop, filled to the brim with amazing products. I tried on the City Cape and can't wait to make one. I was a little surprised at the lack of seating/hangout space, which is such a staple of my local yarn shops. But as a New York knitting friend explained, apparently knit shops in the city don't want you to stay - shop and move along!

PurlSoho1

I came home with this adorable haul. I can't wait to try these little embroidery kits! I could have spent hours looking through all the yarn and picking some to bring home, but I refrained out of respect for my companions.

PurlSoho

Does your local yarn shop have a seating area? How do you think it affects your experience of the shop? I can't imagine not being able to sit and knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment