Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday Knitting Saga, Part 2

Prep School Mitts

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and here we are in December. Yikes! That happened super fast. There seems to be a common affliction among makers this time of year: this is when we should be focusing on producing as many things as possible, and it's when our brains go into overdrive with new ideas that we don't have the time to work on. Inevitably, we end up caving at least once. To keep myself at least a little sane, I allowed myself to make these new mitts: The Prep School Mitts. Simple, classic, and cute.

Roving1

Roving2

I came across this beautiful roving from a farm in New Hampshire and couldn't resist bringing it home. It's now part of my holiday gift knitting list, which I'll be working through frantically after my last show of the season on December 14th. I have to keep this one secret, since the recipients might see this post, but I'm excited to make it!

It's hard to believe that in less than a week, I'll be traveling to Berkshires for Alchemy Initiative. Will I see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment