Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Textural

Design1

It is so much fun to have a new design almost ready. Before Rhinebeck, I finished the design for this shawl and then decided to make a matching hat. The shawl has been test knitted and the hat is next in line, which means I should have it ready for publishing soon! I am very pleased with this design and can't wait to share it.

knit

There has also been some personal knitting going on. The socks are part of a holiday gift package, knit up in a first iteration of my Gallifrey at Dawn colorway. The hat, knit in some Malabrigo I had been saving for a special occasion, is for a very special friend. An old friend of mine was recently diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer and underwent radical surgery. This hat was knitted with much love and wishes for health and recovery, and I hope it can be a reminder to him of how much he is loved. I think it is wonderful how knitting can truly be a way of providing comfort to those we cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment