Monday, April 13, 2015

The Never-Ending Socks

Many, many moons ago I started these socks in Toil & Trouble Classic in Persephone. This project has spent more than enough time loitering in my yarn bowl, so I am telling myself they are getting finished this spring. We shall see.

Bowl

Socks

This project has taught me one thing though - I really don't enjoy two at a time socks using magic loop. Now that I've switched back to double-pointed needles, I am feeling much more inclined to finish these.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of magic loop in general - I knit my socks like in your pictures.

    Those are LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      I really tried to like the Magic Loop since so many people swear by it, but it's just not for me.

      Delete
  2. It is always wise to do a small test swatch before beginning a larger scale project. This allows you to test your pattern and colors to see if they will bleed. You'll also be able to see how much it is going to stretch or sag. Always wash your swatch as part of your testing for color fastness and elasticity. Wrap Reel

    ReplyDelete