Tuesday, May 17, 2016

On the Needles: Socks and Sweaters

The second annual Lakeside Fiber Retreat is behind us! I can't believe how quickly time is flying this year. We had a great time and are already making preparations for 2017. Phew!

MidnightSun1

Apart from all the organizing, coordinating, and teaching, I am glad that the retreat does actually involve some knitting time for me. I finished these socks for myself on the first night of the retreat. Midnight Sun was the January yarn club colorway, which I'll be making available to everyone in the next couple of weeks.

Eudora1

Immediately after casting off my socks (and before weaving in any yarn ends), I cast on a Folded sweater. I had knit one a few years ago, but it sort of met an unfortunate end and I do love the pattern. I'm using Toil & Trouble Sonnet, and the colorway is Eudora (the grandmother from the Addams' Family, if you were wondering).

Eudora2

No comments:

Post a Comment