Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A New Season

With blogging, there is always a question of how much to share, because after all, blogging is a way in which we give friends and strangers a glimpse into our lives. When things are difficult, I struggle with what to say, how much to say, and how far to go off topic - but the truth is the last few months been difficult and I've been at a loss for words for a long time. August was an especially bitter month, with loss, heartache, and a lot of re-evaluating and re-prioritizing. Months and dates are arbitrary, but with the arrival of September I am hoping things will shift and quiet down. We can already feel the chill creeping into the air, the leaves starting to change, and summer is undeniably coming to an end. I am hopeful that it will also mean a new season with more joy.

Yarn-drying

I always have Elizabeth Zimmerman's words at the tip of my tongue - "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Stitch by stitch, skein by skein, I know things will eventually be mended. Until then, I'll just keep dyeing and stitching. I'm looking forward to the changing leaves, and wearing hand-knit socks and sweaters. The photo below was taken at the Salem Willows. It definitely doesn't hurt to live in such a beautiful place.

Salem-Willows

6 comments: