Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Knitting On

I am still learning what my "new normal" is after so many changes in the last couple of months. My head has been spinning, and I've been unintentionally neglecting this blog as I figure out how to structure being self-employed. I've also been busy teaching lots of knitting classes. Now, all of a sudden, it's late November, and having to get ready for holiday shows is forcing me to let go of the hurt of the last few weeks and focus on knitting.

hats

If you follow me on Instagram, you know I've been stock-piling hats. This is a variation of my Transitive Property Super Slouch - same design, but a more traditional amount of slouch. I am having lots of fun experimenting with color combinations.

socks

Yarn: Toil & Trouble Merino/Nylon Sock in Typhoid Mary
Pattern: Modified from Indi Girl Sock Pattern Generator

I am also sneaking in tiny bits of non-work knitting, since I would like to give more handmade gifts this year. I always buy gifts from other artists and artisans (which obviously counts as handmade), but I'd like to make more gifts myself. This might turn out to be an unreasonable goal, but I am remaining delusional positive at this point.

If you're wondering where to find me this season, I am doing two holiday shows:


Alchemy Initiative in Pittsfield, MA on December 8th and 9th

SOWA

SOWA Holiday Market, Saturday December 14th only

No comments:

Post a Comment