Wednesday, November 6, 2013

In Which Things Change Rapidly

Another hard to write post. When I was finally feeling like my life was back in some state of equilibrium, it turned completely upside down.

Many of you knew I was managing a new studio community on the North Shore. As of two weeks ago, I am no longer involved with this project. After ongoing immoral and illegal behavior by the landlord, I left, along with about half of the artists. I wish those who stayed behind the best of luck, as they are great people. This has been a painful and heartbreaking process. I put in 5 months of very hard work, as a volunteer, to bring a community to life, and walked away in less than ideal circumstances. I have no intention of airing grievances publicly, so this is all I will say on the matter. I am happy to answer any questions you may have privately.

I've allowed myself time to grieve over what happened, and now I'm dusting myself off and moving on. For the time being, I'll be working out of my home studio. I am teaching a variety of classes at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn, so I can still be found out and about.

Thank you to those of you who have been supporting me during this difficult time.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with everything, Ana. This is such a bummer (to say the least).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! How awful, I was so happy for you when I heard about the new studio space. I hope you find something that works, because I can't imagine the home studio being as spacious as the old place. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry...you gave so much to that project. I hope that moving on to new projects will bring many good things into your life and fewer trials.

    ReplyDelete