Friday, May 2, 2014

FO'ing some UFOs

It's time for me to admit that I have too many projects going at once, even for me. This month's goal is to finish as many as possible, so I can then justify starting a bunch of new projects of course.

Stormy

I finished this whole cardigan minus the button band several weeks ago, then left it in a basket, sad and neglected. Why? No good reason, because I am actually very anxious to wear it. I finally pulled it out of the basket and gently blocked it before adding the button band. Since the cable pattern was shrinking the width of the back before blocking, I didn't want to end up with a too-narrow button band. Now it's almost dry and I vow to pick up stitches for the collar next week.

Lida

I also made good progress on my Lida shawl despite some yardage drama. If you follow me on Instagram, you may know that I ran out of yarn two rows before finishing it. Once I overcame my completely justified rage, because I did swatch before starting, I contacted Quince & Co. They had one single skein left in that same dye lot, phew!

Since I just couldn't make peace with getting a whole new skein for just two rows, I added several repeats to the eyelet border. The shawl is now finished and waiting for the cardigan to dry because I don't have enough mats to block both of them. Note to self: buy more blocking mats.

How are your spring projects coming along?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I realized today that I have about 6 projects that are in various stages of completion...and in the five years that I've been knitting (newbie!) - nothing I've knit has been for me - including those UFOs. I find it really difficult these days to force myself to finish things that have begun to feel like obligations, from which I receive no joy - not in the making or the giving. I think I've spent far too long knitting requests and the UFOs might end up frogs :-) It's nice to see someone that is completing projects!! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, you are too sweet! I admit I am terrible at knitting for others, I prefer to knit for myself ;) But I definitely have a couple of projects that have been partially completed for years.

      Delete