Sunday, June 8, 2014

Finished Spring Tee

Hello dear friends! It's been quiet around here because I was off the grid at Squam Art Workshops last week (which you may have gathered from Instagram). I had planned on a blog update before going. Instead I was elbow deep in dye pots until the wee hours of the night getting ready for the Squam Art Fair for several days before leaving.

I did manage to finish both my Spring Garden Tee and Dark and Stormy Cardigan to take with me. I only had time for one quick photo of the tee before rushing off, so here it is.

Tee

The pattern is very cute, but I had to do some heavy modification for fit. I was exactly between two sizes and wanted slightly smaller armholes that the pictures showed. I re-did the stitch counts to create my size, and used the smaller shoulder/armhole shaping for more fitted sleeves.

After wearing it at Squam, I can say I am happy with the feel of the cotton and the fit above the waist, but the garter stitch hem has stretched and warped a bit. I may decide to rip back and do some decreasing at the hem to counter this - we'll see if I manage to muster up the motivation.

Squam was fantastic and I am completely worn out, but photos and stories coming soon! Dark and Stormy photos in the near future too, I promise.

Until then, I am casting on two new projects and hoping some folks will join me for a Knit-Along! Next week I am casting on the Freesia shawl in fingering weight, and the Whispers Top will be my July project. Care to join in? More details on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment