Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Under the Boardwalk

I have been back from Squam Art Workshops for a week and a half now, and I'm still dragging my feet on blogging about it - because then that means it's really over already. I promised myself to make peace with this soon and have a post up by the end of the week, but until then, I can tell you about what I've been knitting

Boardwalk1

Before leaving for Squam, I frantically finished both garments I had on my needles and found myself without a (non-work related) knitting project. I couldn't possibly go to the retreat without some knitting to do by the fire, so I rummaged through my stash and unearthed two skeins of Malabrigo Sock from mismatched dye lots. I quickly cast on for a Boardwalk vest and stuffed it in my luggage.

Boardwalk2

Two weeks later, it is finished. Well, I still need to weave in the ends and block it, but I am still counting it as done. I got almost half of it done at Squam, so it holds lots of wonderful memories. And since I'm not quite ready to let go of Squam just yet, my next project is a Freesia Shawl. One of our cabin-mates was wearing one and several of us decided to make our own.


Photo by Annie Baker

The original pattern calls for DK, but I am using 2 skeins of sock weight instead. I went with Toil & Trouble Single Sock in Wine Harvest. Want to make one too? Come join us on Ravelry!

Wine


No comments:

Post a Comment