Friday, August 5, 2011

Thoughts on Trends

As part of my decision to take my shop more seriously this year, I've spent a lot of time doing research - on everything. But mostly on merchandising trends as a way to increase visibility. I had always been more of a "I'm going to make what I want, when I want" but the truth is that paying attention to market demands makes a lot more sense for a business.

I was a bit skeptical, but as it turns out, the work did pay off. After two years of making treasuries based on my own whims, I started making treasuries that catered to the current market trends. And guess what? Yesterday, two of my treasuries made it to the Etsy front page. It has to mean I'm learning something, right?

Etsy Front Page Treasury
Typophile
Etsy Front Page Treasury
Shades of Harvest

2 comments:

  1. I always have a hard time making treasuries liked by all because I have such a hard time allowing myself to put something in just because it's pretty hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trend or not, those are pretty nicely pulled together - the color choices match without being "too" matchy, and the photo selection is top notch!

    ReplyDelete