Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Artist Crush: Pressbound

Pressbound1

Last weekend, I visited the Porter Mill Studios in Beverly, MA. It was my first time there and it was great to see such a wonderful creative community close to my home.

Melissa of Pressbound has a letterpress studio there. I met Melissa through the local craft show circuit and have been lucky to get to know her better over the last few months. Last Saturday, Melissa showed us her fantastic 100 year old letterpress and did a demo which I recorded on my phone and posted to YouTube.

Pressbound4
Pressbound5
Pressbound2
How cool is this machine?
Pressbound3

Melissa was just interviewed on the Bazaar Bizarre website so click on over to learn more about her!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool writeup and photos, Ana. Lovely to see this art form alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! Did you see the demo video? Melissa is not only super sweet and talented, but her machine is SUPER COOL :)

      Delete