Monday, June 4, 2012

New Geekery Afoot

Frick1 Frick2
Frick Frick Beret

It was a rainy and rather gloomy weekend in this neck of the woods, perfect for yarn, knitting and reading. I finished reading Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend This Never Happened and blocked the Frick Frick Beret I finished a little while ago. I can't wait to share some photos once it dries!I'll be posting a full pattern review as well.

Do you remember the beloved 90s movie Coneheads? To me, it's a fond memory from my early teen years, and something I watch these days with a mix of joy and nostalgia. Of course, the climax of the movie is when Beldar, the father, must narfle the Garthok (fight a massive alien monster to the death). Where am I going with this? This weekend, I added a brand new sock yarn base to my collection: a super-snuggley merino/cashmere/nylon mix. The very first colorway: Narfle the Garthok.

MCN Sock
MCN Sock
Merino/Cashmere/Nylon Sock Yarn in Narfle the Garthok

Do you have any favorite 90s movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment