Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Auracania Yarn and New Sweater Projects!

Yarn1

Last weekend, Seed Stitch had a 25% off sale in honor of Knit in Public day. So I got to hang out and knit with some lovely ladies and treat myself to some yarn. This is my first time trying Auracania hand dyed yarn. I was really intrigued by their unique color combinations.

I did the "responsible" thing and picked patterns before buying the yarn to avoid having it sit in my stash indefinitely. I went with two sweaters!

Yarn2

Vera
Folded Sweater, photograph by Veera Välimäki

For these lovely earth tones, I picked the Folded Sweater by Veera Välimäki. I love that it's knit in the round and the cute detail at the bust!

Yarn3

Connie
Intagliata Henley, photograph by Joe Hancock

These gorgeous watercolor shades will become an Intagliata Henley, which I've been drooling over since my copy of Textured Stitches arrived. I admit I generally don't wear colors like light blue and periwinkle, but I was too intrigued by this color combination not to try it out.

What projects are you excited about? Are you still working on summer projects, or are you starting your fall ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment