Thursday, October 11, 2012

In defiance of triteness

IMG_5642

I am always afraid of posting quotes because they are often over-used and become trite. But, this quote brought me so much clarity when I first came across it a couple of years ago. When I find myself questioning what I am doing and the direction I am going in, this reminds me that not pursuing dreams is as risky as chasing them - the risk of mediocrity and unhappiness. As so, here are words of wisdom from Anais Nin:

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”
- Anais Nin

The photo above is from our trip to Antigua last year. Having grown up in a tropical climate and spending my childhood on the beach, nothing brings me as much comfort and happiness than the ocean. I love New England and I've grown very fond of the crisp fall weather, but warm days by the sea will always be my favorite. What does your happy place look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment