Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Day on the Town

After such a difficult week and an unexpected snowstorm on Friday, when Saturday rolled around I wanted to treat myself to a nice day - one filled with simple yet happy things. So I drove into Boston to meet up with Lucinda of Sew Wrong.

Greys Fabric

We headed to South Boston, where we walked through some serious slush to get to KO Catering and Pies. They are a small place specializing in Australian-inspired food with a focus on savory meat pies. It was my first time there, and I will definitely be back!

We then walked off our pies by wandering over to Grey's Fabric and Notions. I only make it there a couple of times a year, but it's one of my favorite stores. The owner, Sarah, is super friendly and helpful (she showed me how to sew a zipper on the spot!). My favorite part is the wall of sewing patterns. Sarah has them all displayed on ledge shelving, which makes it super easy to browse her selection, and very difficult to walk away without buying one.

Antiques

After fabric shopping, we wandered through the Mohr & McPherson showroom. This place makes me wish to win the lottery and refurnish my whole house. Even though I bought a lot of fabric, I didn't buy an awesome green $900 arm chair. So really, I actually saved money, right?

How did you spend your weekend?

Lucinda posted a great and detailed review of Grey's Fabric on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. That was such a fun day! Can't wait to go back for the Colette party next month

    ReplyDelete
  2. KO just opened a location two streets behind my house! I'll have to check it out, though I'm in East Boston and I'm sad to see they don't do the chicken schnitzel here. Boo. But I've always wanted to try a lamington....

    ReplyDelete