Wednesday, March 27, 2013

PJs and Sweaters

This has been such a busy month, with so much yarn-making and very little sleep. I am furiously dyeing yarn to ship off to a store in Japan, and more to go to a couple of new stores in Rhode Island and Georgia. I am telling myself maybe I will get to sleep in April. This frantic pace has left my brain quite fried, and I keep forgetting to share things, like the pajama pants class I took.

weekend3

I can't believe it was already so long ago, but at the end of February I took a class on how to sew pajama pants at Gather Here. I wanted to make something for Nate, and an excuse to use Lizzy House's Constellations fabric. The plan was to make pants for Nate in class and matching ones for myself later, but the pair I made weren't quite baggy enough for him. So I kept the dark blue ones for myself, and am currently making some for him with the black constellations I got at Grey's Fabric. What I am most excited about? Having both pairs finished and making him pose for pj pant photos with me! Coincidentally, this is Nate's least favorite part.

weekend2

I finally finished my cursed Folded sweater. It still needs a light blocking to even out the crinkly yarn from the frogging, but it fits and it's cute. I had some issued with yardage, but I'll tell you all about that when I have proper finished photos.

Speaking of sweaters, those swatches are in my new Merino/Cashmere/Nylon DK yarn (Wine Harvest colorway) and for a class with Ysolda. As a Christmas gift, my mom got me a spot in the Your Perfect Sweater online class. The class is fantastic, though I admit I am way behind on the lessons. In April, I will continue to overbook myself sleep and actually make this awesome sweater.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool projects. I adore the constellation fabric and pajama pants are a great idea. Your blog is really helping my ongoing battle to gain sewing skills...that and my oldest daughter who is trying very hard to make a costume for Anime Boston. Wish us luck. ;)
    I am so glad your sweater is finally done...I like the look of the gathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had totally replied to this comment, but it looks like it never posted! I'm glad I am inspiring you to do more sewing! I am such a beginner, and if I can get the hang of it, anyone can. What did you end up making for your daughter?

      Delete