Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bookbinding: The Traveler Series

A couple of weeks ago Nate and I took a fantastic bookbinding workshop. I had never really thought about it before, but when I saw Liz of Made in Lowell sharing her experience I was immediately smitten with the idea. So I signed up for Melissa Chao's Traveler Series Workshop. Melissa is the owner of To Boldly Fold and an absolutely fantastic teacher.

1
Our awesome teacher

I wish I had done a better job photographing the class (aperture a little off, oops), but I still wanted to share some shots. I was completely intimidated before the class, and by the end I couldn't believe we had actually made some books.

2
My handtorn and folded pages
3
4
Hand-sewing my accordion journal
6
Before: the future covers
5
After: books. Seriously.
books
My finished books!


If you live in the area, I highly recommend Melissa's workshop! She is a great teacher and you will be amazed at what you can learn in 4 hours.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make books like these, going to add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely should, it's so much fun and really satisfying when you have the finished book in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is extremely creative!

    I found your site from another blog. I wanted to tell you personally that I have a site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do in other mommy blog communities. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. We also have a directory where you would have a chance to have your site and a few of your content inserted so that it may link directly from our site to yours giving you added traffic.

    Hope to see you there!

    Sincerely,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    ReplyDelete