Sunday, June 26, 2011

Boston: Grey's Fabric

Happy Sunday, friends. I hope you all had amazing weekends. Ours ended up being amazingly productive and fun, so I have lots to share with you this week.

On Saturday we headed into the city for supplies and lunch, making a stop in the SoWa district. For those of you non-Bostonians, SoWa is the neighborhood south of Washington Street in the South End. It used to be industrial, but is now turning into a thriving artists' neighborhood. Harrison Avenue is home to countless studios, galleries and supply shops for artisans. Grey's Fabric & Notions is one of my favorites.



3
Their logo is the cutest silver fox named Bobbin
1
Sarah, the lovely owner. Her red glasses are so cute!
2
4
5
6
adorable sewing kits
7
teaching space in the back


The shop is so cute and inspiring I couldn't help leaving with a couple of goodies for myself. Definitely a must-see stop in Boston.



8

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me I really need to thread my sewing machine and give 'er a whirl. This looks like such a cute shop! I can't really even sew and being places like this make me want to buy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I can't really sew either. My mother in law gave me the sewing machine and now I'm trying to learn, but I'm absolutely a beginner :o) But when I go to these shops, I get grand ideas about sewing myself an entire closet!

    ReplyDelete