Monday, June 20, 2011

A Kitschy Kitchen

This year I decided to be less of a shut-in and go to the Etsy Craft Party in Salem, which was on June 10th. The turnout honestly left a little bit to be desired, but I can't really complain (too much): I met Megan from a Kitschy Kitchen and I learned something new.

1
This is Megan.
2
3
She makes beautiful aprons!
Tissue1
Tissue2
Oh this? I made this.

She brought her sewing machine and taught people how to make these adorable tissue holders. I love sewing, but I'm really not very good at it. Megan's tutorial was really easy to follow and it only takes about 10 minutes, so you feel really productive. These make great little gifts or stocking stuffers (think ahead, folks!). I'm going to set up a photo tutorial so you can make your own.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Its been a while since I have commented but I just wanted to pop over and Im excited to see what you share on this blog. I have never been to the east and am dying to see the area, so in the mean time I will live through looking at your blog! Perfect! And I love knits, photo's and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terra, thanks so much for stopping in!! I'm really excited to see how this blog develops :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little tissue holder! Good job:) I would love to learn how to sew. It's definitely on my list of things to try. Love your new spot!

    ReplyDelete