Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Touches of Home

One of my favorite and most frustrating design projects is our house. We bought our first house a year ago, and I am ashamed to admit we're still not done setting it up. I like to tell myself that it's because I'm very particular about how it should end up. But mostly I spend too much time knitting and not enough time cleaning.

I've been trying to fill our home with interesting pieces, focusing on handmade (of course) and things I've managed to bring with me from my native Brazil. My favorites, of course, are the handmade things I brought from Brazil. I wanted to share some snapshots with you - these things were made by Brazilian artisans and carefully packed away in suitcases.

1
2
3
4

1 comment:

  1. Those sand bottles are amazing! I can't believe someone was able to make the design of a house in sand, in a bottle, and it managed to make its way safely all the way to your home. Such awesome stuff though.

    ReplyDelete