Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pattern Review: Frick Frick Beret Progress

You might remember back in March when I threatened to knit myself Pamela Wynne's Frick Frick Beret. I made a resolution to knit more for myself this year and not be completely consumed by the shop, and I'm proud to say I'm finally getting around to this hat. I didn't go for the Blue Dart yarn as originally planned. Instead, I decided to use some Amethyst sock yarn from the same dye lot as my Hitchhiker shawl so I could have a matching set!

FrickFrick1

I was a little anxious about this pattern because I had never done a hat with a semi-lacy design before. I was happy to find that after the first few rows of the "leafy motif," I was able to memorize the pattern logic and stop looking at the chart for every row. So far, so good! I haven't reached the crown shaping yet, but I'll report back!

If you want to knit your own, the Frick Frick Beret pattern is available on Ravelry. If you do, I'd love to see your finished hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment