Monday, July 23, 2012

Currently Knitting

1

Another Monday! Do you get the feeling that this summer is flying by? I definitely feel like I haven't had time for summer to even start, yet it's half over! Eek! Of course, a lot of my time has been taken up by dyeing and knitting. I really wanted to squeeze in sewing a tunic for myself this month, but I haven't managed to yet.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen a million photos of this handspun yarn. This yarn is an absolute pleasure to work with - none of the roughness I've found in a lot of handspun. It's by FiberOlio, and I've been working on it for a super fun collaborative project we can hopefully announce soon. For now, it's hush hush! I finally finished this though, so instead of working on my other outstanding projects, I started a new pair of socks with the yarn leftover from another project. This yarn is my Merino Nylon sock in Persephone.

2

I know, I have no self-restraint. I've also been making progress on my Sherilyn, which I am knitting for a shawl swap and need to mail out by September 1st! I'm using my Silk Merino sock yarn in Amethyst for this project.

3
4
Some day I'll get back to the sweater I'm completely neglecting. I'm beginning to think the whole idea of "summer downtime" is a myth... So what has been keeping you busy these days?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the FiberOlio handspun yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super squishy and wonderful, I highly recommend it!

      Delete