Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snowy Sweater Weather

snow1

Winter is showing no signs of easing up around here, and the snow keeps coming. I like to use this as an excuse to justify my anti-social, knit-centric behavior, but let's be honest: I do that even when it's warm outside. Last month I signed up for the June 2013 Squam retreat, so I am using this as a deadline to have at least two hand-knit garments finished.

Featherweight Cardigan
Featherweight Cardigan

While on vacation, I started this Featherweight Cardigan in my Falkland Merino sock yarn (colorway Beneath the Olive Trees). I am making it longer than the original pattern. My father incredulously asked, "is it normal to start a new project before finishing the previous one?" Oh, sweet, naive man, so far removed from the idiosyncrasies of the knitting world. I am alternating between this project and my poor, long-suffering Folded Sweater from last year.

Folded Sweater
Folded Sweater

I finished both sleeves, realized one was 1/4" wider than the other, and frogged it. I've now got two matching sleeves, and I'm ready to get into the yoke. I might just finish this sweater after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment