Friday, February 1, 2013

Betrayed by a Sweater

Image by Harriet Gray

I am considering buying these adorable cat temporary tattoos to comfort myself - The Folded Sweater and I are having a fight. Things were fine on Tuesday (or so I mistakenly thought). I went on my merry way, adding the sleeves, and then the pleats... that's when things went bad. That is when I realized I had the wrong number of stitches in the body. I have now ripped out more than half of the body, and haven't quite found the mistake (mistakes?) yet.

For those of you keeping track, I did most of the work on this sweater while I was in Vegas last July. Lesson learned: don't knit in Vegas. Apparently when I knit in Vegas, I am reckless and don't count my stitches. I'm sure there's some terrible joke about what gets knit in Vegas staying in Vegas to be made here.

I seriously thought about ditching my bowling plans tonight to make up the lost sweater time, but no. I will not let you control me, sweater.

The cat tattoos might not be enough - I may also need an adorable fox plush to clutch when I am ready to throw my knitting out the window.

Image by Sleepy King

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're not ditching bowling! ;) Sorry about the sweater, and I highly endorse you making both purchases. Retail therapy ALWAYS helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there, don't worry! But perhaps a tad grumpy bc I didn't get my knitting fix at lunchtime ;)

      Delete