Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Handspun Pretties and Open Studios

2
The creamy white delicious yarn with colorful bits is by FiberOlio

So many amazing things have happened this year, which is obviously fantastic, but along with it comes an ever-growing, never-ending to-do list and a million deadlines. I feel like I blink and weeks fly by. It seems like my first open studio was just a few days ago, but here we are again - this Saturday, June 2nd, the Western Ave Studios in Lowell will be hosting its monthly Open Studios from 12 to 5 pm. You can find me in Studio 331! I am actually opening my doors at 10:30 am for a Knitter's Brunch (hopefully the first of many). I expect it to be fairly small, but as the word spreads I'm hoping we can build a little community! If you're free, come on over!

1
Green/purple handspun by KnittinK, Brown/blue handspun by North Star Alpacas

Of course, my knitting needles are as busy as ever. Apart from the lovely handspun I showed you last week, I've also received beautiful goodies from KnittinK, FiberOlio and North Star Alpacas for that collaborative project I'm working on. Now it's time to cross my fingers and hope I actually pull off everything I need to get done in June!

3

So I know I did just say I'm super busy, but I couldn't resist picking up Reinvention by Maya Donenfeld. I haven't had time to look through it yet, but I've read lots of stellar reviews. Have you gotten your hands on this book? What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The handspun picture is gorgeous (especially love the white with flecks of color!). I hadn't seen that book before but it looks very neat, thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FiberOlio's handspuns are gorgeous, she has a bunch in that style with the flecks of color! Can't wait to work with it. I'll make sure to let you know more about the book once I get into it :)

      Delete