Monday, May 21, 2012

Knitting All The Things

mac2

Opera Gloves
Pattern: Opera Gloves by Mac & Me
Yarn: Limited Edition Falkland Merino & Nylon Sock in Sun Also Rises

I seem to be amassing a large amount of works in progress this year. I've always tried to be a "one project at a time" kind of knitter, but I'm surprised to find I prefer having multiple projects. When I get tired of one, I put it down and make progress on another. I'm also trying to keep a balance between knitting for the shop and knitting for myself (last year I barely made anything for myself). This weekend I started this pair of Opera Gloves by Mac & Me. This is a great one-skein project. I'd been wanting to knit them in this colorway for a while, and so far I am completely in love with how it's turning out! I'm going to add some conductive thread to the fingertips too.

doppler

I'm also working on some new designs for the shop because Fall creeps up faster than expected. I have some new deliciously geeky designs in the works.

headband
Yarn: Just Dessert Handspun by Handspun Treasures
Pattern: Mine, currently being developed

I also got invited to participate in a really exciting collaborative project. I'm not sure when we'll be allowed to share the details, but for now I am sharing this little sneak peek. Leanne of Handspun Treasures graciously donated this handspun yarn for the project.

What are you working on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment