Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Handmade Project: Long Stitch Notebook

2

Last summer, Nate and I took a book-binding workshop together. It was a ton of fun and we both agreed we were interested in learning more about book binding. Recently, I came across Erin Zam's shop! She specializes not only in handmade books, but in DIY kits which teach you different binding methods. I picked the Long Stitch kit as a surprise gift for Nate.

1
3

The kit comes well organized and packaged in a brown envelope. It includes all the necessary paper, an instruction sheet, cutting templates and sewing materials. It does not include a bone folder or an awl. Overall, Nate was pleased with the kit and it made a great little surprise gift. I definitely recommend checking out Erin Zam's kits if you want to dip your toes into some bookbinding.

6 comments:

  1. Ohh that could be a fun baby book idea!!!!! Im due the begining of October!! We find out TODAY actually if its a boy or girl. Im keeping myself busy becuase Im a wreck with waiting......hey are you on Instagram at all? I have been having fun taking pictures lately instead of blogging less work!!! if you are find me its just redheadcoyan would be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, yes, how fun would it be if you made your baby book completely from scratch?!! I am on Instagram, I'm toiltrouble. I just added you :)

      How exciting, I can't imagine how anxious you must be with the anticipation!! Will you let us know if it's a boy or a girl? :D

      Delete
  2. Very cool. I didn't know you could get kits like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I came across it entirely by accident, they're so much fun!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! I sometimes get overwhelmed by the process of collecting materials to do a project, so the kit format is perfect. Thanks for the awesome gift idea Ana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amber, I feel like you could probably combine a kit like this with some of your cardboard projects :)

      Delete