Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sweater Situation

Well, I guess it's time to talk about the sweater situation. I've had this Breezy Sweater by Hannah Fetig on my needles for a few weeks and was making good time - until I had yardage problems again. This is my second sweater with Araucania Huasco sock yarn (the first was my Folded Sweater), and I've run out of yarn with both when I should have had plenty. My gauge was right both times, and the patterns are by different designers, so I don't think it's a pattern issue.

weekend3

Araucania doesn't have dye lots anyway, so I ordered an extra skein. It doesn't match. In the photo above, the sleeve cuffs are done in the extra skein, and it's very different from the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater. Much more neon, and it doesn't have the soft peachy tones. So I emailed Webs and after a lot of back and forth, we figure out that Araucania has changed this colorway and I am pretty much never getting a match (grrrrrr). Conclusion: I picked a contrast color and am waiting for the yarn to arrive. I am majorly displeased. I have one more sweater's worth of Araucania in my stash, and then I don't think I will be purchasing from them anymore.

Blank Canvas Sweater

While I am waiting, I finally started that Blank Canvas Sweater I mentioned back in March. It's the perfect project to test out my new DK weight yarn, and I'm really enjoying these colors together.

PinkFlowers

What are you working on? Have you worked with Araucania, and have you had any yardage issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment