Monday, February 25, 2013

A Weekend of Making

Sewing

The snow held off until Sunday this weekend, so I was able to host a couple of lovely ladies for a Saturday of sewing. Lucinda of SewWrong and Karissa of Kitty Kitty Crafts brought over their sewing machines, and we talked, sewed, and snacked. It was fantastic, and I actually managed to start and finish a whole project. I need to iron it and cut off some stray threads, but I'll be sharing pictures soon!

cooking

I had been wanting to bake some goodies for a while, so I took the opportunity to make snacks for our meetup. I baked some Irish scones, which we ate with strawberry jam, and two loaves of French bread, which came out surprisingly big.

It was a really nice break from my regular routine, I can't wait for the next sewing meetup! Sunday it was back to the dye pots and knitting needles. How did you spend your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds pretty awesome. Strangely enough lately I have been doing most of my making during the week, so this weekend I did some cleaning (that is pretty much invisible) and cooking and packing. I'd rather have your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS pretty awesome :) I usually spend my weekends elbow-deep in dye and creating as much product as possible, so it was really nice to have a completely self-indulgent Saturday. The cleaning was minimal, so that will probably happen this week.

      Delete
  2. I'm a little jealous of your sewing buddies! It sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was our first time doing a sewing meetup and I have to say it was a GREAT time. I hope to have more of these! If you're ever in Boston... :)

      Delete