Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another weekend, another snowstorm

It seems New England is quite determined to show us a proper winter this month. A snow emergency went into effect Saturday evening, so we hunkered down with the cats and the torturous Van Gogh puzzle we started during the last storm. We were determined to finish it, which we did around 1 am on Sunday night. Phew! Good thing Monday was a holiday.

weekend1

I made a lot of progress on my Featherweight Cardigan, and then started another puzzle in avoidance of the treacherous Folded Sweater. After the unintelligible splotchiness (totally a word) of the Van Gogh puzzle, I picked a map of Boston - clean lines, easy colors.

weekend2

It wasn't all fun and games though. With January come and gone so quickly, it's time to start gearing up my business for 2013. I am working through new knit designs and dyeing like crazy in preparation for the North Shore Yarn Crawl next month. I'll be at Seed Stitch again this year, having a hand-dyed yarn trunk show all day on Saturday, March 16th.

weekend3

I am super excited because I'll be premiering two brand-new yarns at the crawl, both DK weight and one is fabulously tweed-y like my popular Tweed sock yarn. Perfect for all you non-fingering weight sweater knitters! I'm also starting to add new hand-knit goodies to my shop, the first being these Laser Beam Mitts. Totally geeky and fun.

I hope you locals weathered the storm safely and without loss of power this time around!

2 comments:

  1. No power loss here. So, how do you protect your in progress puzzles from the depredations of the kitty kind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it! Sometimes we don't manage to protect the puzzle (exhibit A:http://instagram.com/p/V2uJ2VE7YI/) but we try to cover them up with a tablecloth when we're not actively working on them.

    ReplyDelete