Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: A Good Indian Wife

I read this book in December before going on vacation. As someone who has moved a lot and experienced my fair share of culture shock, I enjoy books that deal with this subject matter. A Good Indian Wife is a story about an Indian immigrant who unwillingly enters an arranged marriage. The story is told from two perspectives: his, as an immigrant trying to shed his culture and embrace American customs, and his wife's, an Indian woman who embraces her heritage and struggles after following him to the U.S.

IndianWife

This book was very enjoyable - it is a quick read, and it brings up interesting questions about culture and the nature of relationships. The wife looks at her relationship in a way I find hard to relate to, not coming from the same background, but the author does a good job of placing the reader in the characters' shoes.

Have you read this book? I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment